Friday, September 5, 2008

I'm getting one of these


I have been using Linux for a while now. I have a salvaged old desktop running
Xubuntu and a Ubuntu partition on my girlfriend's computer. I love open source software. I love it because its not what everyone else is doing. I love it because I can make it work the way I want it to work (usually). And its not fucking Microsoft or Apple.

So I am ready to take the plunge and actually spend some money on a computer. Not easy for me. I am a well known cheap bastard. I am also prone to second guessing things. Wondering if I should get this one or that one. I held off getting a
netbook for all this time because I was waiting for something to come out stock with Ubuntu. Sure you can almost always add Linux on top of whatever comes from the factory, but I have a feeling that things will run better if the hardware and software are tailored to work together.

We shall see.

No comments: